To install CodeIgniter 4 in cPanel, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Navigate to the “File Manager” section and select it.
- Choose the directory where you want to install CodeIgniter 4. This can be the “public_html” directory or a subdirectory of your choice.
- Download the latest version of CodeIgniter 4 from the official website: https://codeigniter.com/
- Extract the downloaded file on your computer.
- Upload the extracted files to the directory you selected in step 3 using the “Upload” option in cPanel’s “File Manager”.
- Rename the “env” file to “.env” (with the dot) in the root directory of CodeIgniter 4.
- In cPanel’s “File Manager”, navigate to the directory where you installed CodeIgniter 4 and go to the “writable” directory. Change the permissions of this directory to 777 to allow CodeIgniter to write to it.
- Open your web browser and navigate to your website’s URL where you installed CodeIgniter 4. You should see the CodeIgniter welcome page.
That’s it! You have now successfully installed CodeIgniter 4 in cPanel.