Every update to a cardholder’s documentation requires payment of Rs 50 to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). UIDAI, however, is now conducting a special offer window.
You may simply update your Aadhaar card for free by following a few simple procedures while at home and without spending any money. The client won’t need to travel anyplace for this. Every update to a cardholder’s documentation requires payment of Rs 50 to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Aadhaar card users can update without charge during a special offer window that is currently open from UIDAI. This window of three months began on March 15 and will end on June 14.
For updates to a subscriber’s details associated with his 12-digit Unique Identification Number, the UIDAI typically charges Rs 50. This can be necessary if the consumer wants to change information like their Proof of Identity (POI) or proof.
It’s important to keep in mind that the free UIDAI service can only be used online through the MyAadhaar portal. The Rs 50 cost for upgrading papers at physical Aadhaar centres would still apply to card holders. The change is intended to “improve service delivery and ease of living” as well as “increase certification success rate.”
Update Free Aadhaar like this
- First, go to the UIDAI official website.
- After that, access the ‘Update Your Aadhaar’ option by selecting it from the ‘My Aadhaar’ menu.
- Then select the ‘Update Demographic Data Online’ option.
- Fill out the Aadhaar card number and continue by updating your Aadhaar information.
- After that, click “Send OTP” and confirm the captcha.
- Select the information that needs to be updated by going to the ‘Update Demographic Data’ option.
- Enter your updated information after that, and provide a scanned copy of the supporting documentation as verification.
- Then, confirm whether the data entered is accurate or not. then use OTP to confirm.
- Your Aadhaar card will be updated after the application for upgrading it is submitted.